Gin is one of those drinks that can be enjoyed by everyone. From the novice who just wants to sip a G&T on a summer’s day to the connoisseur who enjoys a sip of their favourite gin neat, there are plenty of flavoured gins out there to suit everybody’s tastes.
Gin is a spirit that has been around since the 17th century, and it’s become increasingly popular over the last few years. It’s a liquor made from juniper berries, which give it its signature flavor and aroma. Gin can be flavoured with a wide range of botanicals, including citrus, herbs, spices, flowers, and even tea leaves. This makes it a versatile spirit that can be enjoyed in a variety of cocktails and straight sips.
Here are five of the best flavoured gins and their tasting notes to help you decide which one to try.
1. Bloom Gin – This unique gin is infused with chamomile, pomelo, and honeysuckle and has subtle notes of almond and jasmine. It has a light and floral flavour and is perfect for a refreshing G&T.
2. Citadelle Gin – This gin is made with 19 botanicals, including juniper, coriander, cardamom, and citrus. It is a light and spicy gin with a hint of sweetness and has a floral finish.
3. Tanqueray Flor de Sevilla Gin – This gin is made with Seville oranges and is perfectly balanced with juniper and other botanicals. It is tart and sweet with a hint of spice and is ideal for cocktails.
4. Bramley & Gage Six O’Clock Gin – This gin is made with hand-picked sloe berries, elderberries, and damsons. It is sweet and fruity with a hint of spice and is perfect for a gin and tonic or a summer cocktail.
5. Hendrick’s Midsummer Solstice Gin – This unique gin is made with cucumber, rose petals, and elderflower. It is light and floral with a hint of citrus and is perfect for a refreshing G&T or a summery cocktail.
So there you have it – five of the best flavoured gins to try. Whether you’re a gin novice or a connoisseur, there’s something for everyone. Cheers!